Posted by Barefoot Yoga on January 18, 2013
Grace’s Pick of the Week is her recipe for Golden Milk: “With the end of the holidays and the official start of winter, I like to make Golden Milk. It’s a soothing night-time drink that is great for lubricating the joints. Turmeric, one of the ingredients, is known for its antibiotic and healing properties. Hope this helps with your practice!”
- 1/8 tsp Turmeric
- 1/4 cup Water
- 8 oz Milk (or lactose-free milk in my case )
- 2 Tbsp Almond Oil
- Honey or Maple Syrup to taste (I prefer honey as it helps with seasonal allergies)
- Place water and turmeric in a small sauce pan and bring to a boil, stirring to a paste for 8 minutes.
- Place milk and almond oil in a separate sauce pan and heat until the milk just comes to a boil, then remove from heat.
- Add the turmeric paste to the milk and stir until the milk becomes completely yellow.
- Add honey or maple syrup to taste.
- Drink Warm.
Posted under Barefoot Yoga News