It all begins the moment we roll out the mat, but hold the pose—not every practice leaves you feeling blissful and ready to take on the world. So what makes one practice feel like a path to enlightenment, and another a struggle to get through? Maybe it isn’t so much about the teacher, the studio or you, but about the products we can use to get the most out of a yoga session. Here are some great items to keep the yoga in the Yogi and Yogini.
- Yoga Mat – It really does all begin the moment you roll out your mat finding the right mat for me was what set me up for the best practices I can think of. The Original Eco Yoga Mat is simply one of the best and most earth-conscious yoga mats available today, it even feels like you are walking barefoot on earth. There are no chemical additives used and its rubber underside grips the floor while the jute offers superb traction even in a heavy sweat. It is a highly durable, tactile, and provides a pleasant surface to practice on.
- Yoga Towels – Sometimes yoga practice can get a little sweaty and slippery, the Skidless Yoga Towel is designed specifically for yoga practice to prevent slipping and is especially nice and compact for travel. When the room heats up and your Vinyasa is in full flow, lay this towel from over your mat to keep yourself from slipping.
- Yoga Socks – And other times when a towel is just not enough or you cant seem to find a yoga towel around, these functional and durable slip-free yoga socks will keep your feet covered and comfortable, they are quite travel friendly as well since you are able to just throw them on quickly. The silicone dots on the sole stabilize and grip your yoga mat, floor or any surface during your practice! They’re perfect for yoga, Pilates and Barre.
- Yoga Clothing – My best yoga experience also started when I changed my regular sports bra, t-shirt and leggings to nicely fitted and breathable yoga inspired clothing. Feel comfortable and current in the latest collection by OMgirl their soft, breathable blend of organic cotton and lycra make these one of best yoga clothing out there! – A must-have for the avid yogi.
- Yoga Blocks – When you need that extra support for a deeper and stronger practice think about using Yoga Blocks, yoga blocks provide the stability needed for optimal alignment, deeper poses and increased strength. These eco-friendly foam blocks add stability and length to your postures. Lightweight, durable and easy to grip the eco-friendly foam yoga block is also made from the highest quality, non-toxic material with no chemical odor.
This post was written by Sylvia on December 21, 2015