Even though Punxsutawney Phil predicted six more weeks of winter this year, we’re already starting to feel a thaw in the air and smell the first flowers blooming up here in the Northwest! But, if that spring feeling hasn’t crept up on you yet, and you’re still feeling the chill of winter in both body and mind, consider the tips below to get your mind out of the snow and into the sun!
1. Get out of the hibernation mindset. In the frigid (or the moderate to mild in Seattle) winter months, it can be easy to freeze out your social circle and stay home with a warm blanket instead, perhaps only enduring the cold weather to get to that hot yoga class. Get back in the spring mindset by calling up a group of friends for a hike on a sunny day, or to try out something new and adventurous like aerial yoga!
2. Spring cleaning! There’s nothing like a good old spring cleaning to refresh your home and your mind. Spend a Saturday cleaning out the cobwebs and scrubbing out those neglected nooks and crannies, and you’ll feel great, not to mention ready for whatever new adventures spring throws your way!
3. Freshen up your fridge. Nothing says coziness like a mug of hot chocolate and plate of cookies! While delicious, heavy foods can make winter feel even longer. Try lightening up your food choices and incorporating some of the fresh produce that’s just now coming into season. Making fresher, more vibrant food choices can help you transition into the mindset of new growth and the world coming into bloom again.
4. How about freshening up your wardrobe too? There’s nothing more fun than buying a couple new pairs of capris or cute tanks to make you feel ready for spring! I don’t know about you, but I’m ready to layer down, not bundle up. Check out new spring lines of OMgirl and Prana clothing, which have the perfect combination of fashion and function to get you going!
5. Instead of New Year’s resolutions, how about spring resolutions? New season, new resolutions! Or, recommitting to the New Year’s resolutions you’ve made but have fallen to the wayside. What better time than to give yourself a fresh start, and actually take time off to go to that retreat in India, or even take the time to do something as simple as walking to the studio instead of driving.
Posted under Food and Cooking, Health and Fitness, Yoga Clothing
This post was written by Carolina on March 6, 2014