Posted by Carolina on February 5, 2014
1. I think you know where I’m going to start with this: Yoga! Integrating yoga and meditation into your New Year’s fitness regime helps in bringing the peace of mind that you can achieve your goals. Even 15 minutes in the morning before a whirlwind Monday can ground and center you for the day ahead.
2. Forgive yourself. Saying it is not as simple as doing it, but forgive yourself. Didn’t make it to that early hot yoga class? Ate a brownie for lunch instead of some healthy fruits and veggies? Don’t sweat it. Learning to take it easy on yourself and enjoying the less healthy stuff in moderation will help you to build the self love and confidence to make those healthier choices because you know you’re worth it.
3. Have fun! Just because you’re trying to be healthier this year (aren’t we all?) doesn’t mean life needs to be stricter or less exciting; in fact, getting exercise, eating well and feeling great should make life more exciting! Pull out your mat and do some sun salutations in the park on the way home from work, take a spontaneous weekend getaway with your girlfriends to that B&B you’ve been dying to go to! Loving the fun and spontaneity of life will make you feel capable of anything, whether it’s going on that getaway or finally getting up for that Ashtanga class.
4. Make your resolution a natural part of daily life. Often New Year’s resolutions fall by the wayside because they aren’t a sustainable part of our daily lives. The key to making them sustainable is naturally integrating them into your life. Find a fitness regime that works for you-something you’ll enjoy and something that isn’t going to add a stressful aspect to your life (yoga anyone?)
5. Want to do it. To me, one of the single most important elements of a successful New Year’s resolution is the drive to do it. If you don’t want to do something, why do it? Every person has different kinds of systems and routines that work for them and finding yours will feel amazing and empowering.
6. You’re not alone. Everyone wants to treat their bodies well and feel great, and for some of us that’s not an easy step to take at first. Remember that you’re not the only one!
Posted under Uncategorized